ABOUT THE ROLE
Screening team is responsible for preventing any individuals or entities involved in financial crime, as well as sanctioned or terrorism-related entities, from using our product. This includes not only meticulous research and investigation into our users (personal and business), but also transactions flowing through our system. Additionally, we are obliged to identify whether any politically related individuals are among our clients, as they represent a higher risk of financial crimes like corruption, fraud crimes, and money laundering- therefore, the activity on their accounts has to be closely monitored. Basically, we are checking if any user or transaction is dangerous or risky for Revolut.
Every day we review thousands of accounts and payments- it requires a lot of analytical skills and logical thinking. In order to avoid making mistakes, we must stay focused and treat each case individually.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct reviews of sanctions watchlist alerts generated by the automated transaction filtering and client screening systems, manual reports or internal referrals. Document investigation steps performed and document the rationale for decisions
- Escalate potential sanctions issues or suspicious activity to the Head of Compliance or Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Review and investigate PEP screening alerts utilizing the client screening system, internal Customer Due Diligence systems and third party sources.
- Assist with the validation of the Sanctions and PEP alert systems and participate in any testing of new releases or updates of current systems as necessary.
- Train and mentor other new joiners on the team when qualified.
- Assist the Compliance Team Leaders, other teams and Senior Management with ad hoc projects.