Responsible for the repair, maintenance and improvement to all Sheet Metal dies, Hydro form Dies jigs, fixtures and fittings for press tools, CNC equipment in line with production and customer requirements to support business objectives. Support new tooling for new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds.
- Should able to Repair and maintain Sheet metal press tools, die repairs
- Routine servicing and regrinding of tools
- Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve at the press with minimal downtime to aid production
- Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales
- Should able to perform Diamond polishing operation.
- Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations Identify spares requirements and log usage
- Take ownership of smaller less complex specific tool suite to develop and maintain performance with minimal supervision
- Operate Fork Lift/Stacker Truck and lifting equipment
- Support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
- Assist in tooling buyoffs and trials