Engineering & Business Service Center > Engineering > Technical and operations support
Technical & Operations Support Department is part of Engineering & Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for promoting Wind Blade process optimizations in relation to quality, cycle time, cost out projects, BOM and CoPQ reductions for serial production (Post Gate 6 products). This department is closely working with Central Blades PE, Blade Launch and Blade factories for Tech Transfer projects and engage with Technology (VPS) and ensures blade process and specifications maintained and optimized by delivering cutting files and production documents like control plan, QDA, PII and PWI as per Manufacturing baseline package guidelines and works on various continuous improvement projects to optimize Cycle time, NC reduction, COPQ and cost out projects.
- Implement the task of Create / Update of Cutting & Nesting files, PFMEA, Control plan, Process work instructions
- Engage in Process improvements and Provide optimized solutions to the factories in relation to blade manufacturing process
- Carry out Tech transfer Projects and deliver technical documentations as per project timeline
- Prepare RCA for critical / repeat NC's and implement corrective actions including PFMEA
- Guide continuous Improvement projects like NC Reductions, COPQ, Cycle Time reduction, Cost-out projects and other process optimization projects
- Create Capacity Requests and Test papers for Process optimizations for trials in factories
- Handling of Engineering change Management on serial production products
- VDA 6.3 audit support to internal and external factories
- Bachelor's in Engineering in any of the following disciplines - Polymer / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Aerodynamics
- 2 to 4 years of working in Wind Industries, Engineering industries, Manufacturing, Automobile, Aeronautical Industries
- Ideal to be certified in AUTOCAD/CREO/ Six Sigma green belt / ISO 9001:2015 Auditor / VDA 6.3 certified auditor
- Experience in SAP ERP & Windchill Software
- Must have Good knowledge on blades manufacturing process
- Ability to solve the problems by using relevant methods and tools
- Experience in AUTOCAD
- Capable to do a Risk assessment by using FMEA tools and coordinating Technical projects cross departments and cultures
- Experience in Engineering change management (ECM)
- Ability to Create & deliver solutions
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Knowledge in SAP ERP and Windchill
What We Offer
We offer a exciting workplace with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a well-known wind turbine manufacturer.
Your primary workplace will be Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 22nd Mar'22.