Role: Teacher Content Writer and Editor (Primary Classes) - India
Location: India; remote Salary: £2.76 per hour Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract: 6 months (with possibility to extend) Hiring Managers: Namrata Pant and Louise Scott Recruiter: Niall OGorman As a Content Writer for India, you will be helping to create resources specifically designed for Indian educators, parents and children to cover the Indian Curriculum, events and other areas of education. You will have experience teaching in India across the primary years with a passion and in-depth knowledge of the Indian Curriculum. You will write and develop creative, innovative resources, working closely with other team members such as Content Editors, Illustrators and Designers.
Ongoing projects/how you’ll spend your day:
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Research, Ideate, develop and create innovative new resources, aligned to the Indian Curriculum.
- Work and communicate with other team members in a scrum team to achieve sprint goals.
- Be passionate about and have a genuine interest for resource creation and education.
- Have enthusiasm for creating exciting and engaging new resource content, aligned to the Indian Curriculum
- Have knowledge and experience in teaching of the Indian Curriculum in classes from 1 to 5;
- Be able to work collaboratively with Content Editors and other production team members and be open to receiving constant feedback throughout the different production stages.
- Be committed to representing diversity through the work you produce, and have a good
understanding of associated issues.
In this role, you will learn:
- Be aware of and implement Twinkl Brand guidelines.
- Be aware of and constantly review gaps in the market, as well as being aware of competitor releases.
You’ll work with:
- The ins and outs of being a Content Writer at Twinkl.
- How to respond to customer requests and feedback.
- The production process required for creative new and innovative resources.
- How a production team works together across different markets and countries.
- Other team members – the team will consist of Content Writers, Content Editors, Designers and Illustrators in India and the UK;
- Product Owners - these people lead the team from a product perspective, pushing the product forward, staying innovative and listening to what Indian customers are wanting.
This role does not require you to work from the Twinkl office although you must be available for face-to-face meetings over webcam. The hours can be worked whenever suits you as long as the hours are completed within each week. If you are working from home, you will need to provide your own device to work on and a reliable, high-speed internet connection. We are looking for working teachers (part-time or casual relief) who can do this around their teaching.We are interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following:
- Qualifications: undergraduate or postgraduate in primary education or appropriate equivalent degree (B.Ed.).
- Minimum of 4 years relevant and recent primary teaching experience and market awareness.
- Has a passion for teaching and creating fun, engaging classroom experiences
- Likes to work collaboratively with different teams across time zones.
- Has excellent communication and ICT skills.
- Has exceptional spelling and grammar.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process. Benefits
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities. Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for
LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.